5 Football Themed Cocktails Perfect For Lazy Sundays and Thirsty Thursdays!
1. Touchdown Punch
This is the drink perfect for the parties that are on 3rd and long. Everybody’s tired and ready to call it a night. And then, a glimmer of hope. The pocket opens, and there’s a man free. He rushes downfield. There’s an unspoken connection between QB and the receiver. You can feel it. The opponents know what’s coming.
Wind up. Throw. Air. Catch. Touchdown.
What a gut punch. And just like that powerful six points, this punch is sure to bring life to any Football party, super or otherwise.
- A two-liter bottle of your preferred lemon-lime soda
- 32 ounces of seltzer water
- One bottle of your favorite white wine
- Eight ounces of Vodka
- ¼ cup of your preferred color of Curaçao
- One lemon, thinly sliced
- One orange, for garnish
- Three cups of pearl ice
- Combine all soda, seltzer, wine, vodka, and Curaçao in a big punch bowl
- Stir thoroughly
- Garnish with orange peel, lemon slices, and pearl ice
- Enjoy the game!
For best results, add pearl ice to your Touchdown punch right before serving.
2. Frozen Tennessee Twister
Show your guests what Tennessee is made of. Guaranteed to blow your jersey right off your back, so it’s best to enjoy it in moderation.
- Three ounces of tequila
- One ounce of Grand Marnier
- Two ounces of fresh lime juice
- ¼ pint of frozen limeade concentrate, thawed
- A splish of your favorite local Tennessee beer
- A splash of your favorite red wine
- Two cups of crushed ice
- A lime, for garnish
- Blend liquor, juices, and ice until smooth
- Pour into a chilled glass. Serve with lime for garnish
3. The Gatorade bath
After that touchdown, don’t you think it’s time for a quick Gatorade bath? It’s time to celebrate and join in on this tradition!
Here’s what you need to prepare the perfect bath. Bathtub not required.
- ¼ cup of blue sanding sugar
- ¼ cup of kosher salt
- One bottle, or 20 ounces, of your preferred Gatorade flavor
- One cup frozen limeade concentrate, thawed
- One cup of silver tequila
- ⅓ cup of your preferred color Curaçao
- Orange slices for garnish
- Pearl ice
- Mix sanding sugar and salt in a small dish
- Wet the rims of 4-6 glasses with water
- Dip glasses in sugar salt to coat glass rims
- Combine Gatorade, limeade concentrate, tequila, and Curaçao
- Still until combined
- Add preferred amount of pearl ice, pour mixture over ice
- Garnish each glass with an orange slice
You know, a grapefruit slice might be a great alternative to orange. Think about it!
4. The QB Sneak
Sometimes the best play needs to be a little sneaky. If you’re not careful, this drink can sneak up on you too! Before you know it, you’ll be 4th and down. Just remember to sneak in moderation.
Here’s what you need to craft your own QB Sneak:
- Four ounces of tequila
- Four ounces of rum
- One ounce of peach schnapps
- A sploosh of pineapple juice
- A squeeze of cranberry juice
- And of course, your pearl ice
- Combine tequila, rum, schnapps, juice, and ice into a shaker
- Give it a sneaky ‘lil shake
- Serve in your favorite cup or glass!
We won’t judge what you drink this from, even if you use that old gas station promotional plastic cup in the back of the cabinet. You do you!
5. The Sunday sunrise (Non-Alcoholic)
This beautiful beverage is the perfect start to any fan’s crisp Sunday morning. Plus, it’s non-alcoholic, so it can be enjoyed morning, afternoon, or night! This is a unique drink to Memphis Ice, because you need to cook some ingredients before you can enjoy it! Plus, it helps to get this started the night before a Sunday morning.
- 1 ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup water
- 1 ½ cups of cranberry juice
- Two ounces of grenadine
- Four cups of tangerine juice
- Two cups of chilled lime sparkling water or club soda
- Tangerine, for garnish
- Pearl Ice
- Over medium-high heat, cook sugar and water in a saucepan until the mixture comes to a slow boil
- Stir occasionally until the mixture becomes syrup
- Remove from heat, let cool for about 30 minutes
- Combine syrup, cranberry juice, and grenadine
- Refrigerate for several hours, or overnight, until chilled
- Grab your cup of choice and add pearl ice, ⅓ cup of your cranberry syrup mixture
- Carefully pour ½ cup of tangerine juice. Do not stir!
- Slowly pour ¼ cup of sparkling water into the glass. Do not stir!
- Garnish with tangerine slices
Celebrate the football season with your very own
ice machine from Memphis Ice!
We can’t think of anything worse than running out of ice at a party. It’s an essential ingredient to keep your drinks cool and refreshing! Nobody wants room temperature drinks. And if someone does, maybe don’t invite them next time.
Never run out of ice again with your very own ice machine from Memphis Ice. We offer a robust rental program that’s affordable and sustainable. We’ll take care of your maintenance, any issues that may arise, and even deliver the ice you need if the machine is down for the big game.
Contact our dedicated service technicians today and learn how you can get your very own home ice machine!
just a weekly email from your favorite ice machine company.