Helpful Ice Machine Accessories
Looking to maximize the potential of your commercial ice machine? Investing in ice machine accessories is a great way to get the most out of your ice maker. These accessories can streamline operations, improve ice hygiene, and even extend the longevity of your machine.
Let’s look at different types of accessories that can help you optimize your ice machine and improve the overall quality of your ice.
Maximize Your Ice Machine Efficiency with These Accessories
Let’s start with an ice machine accessory almost everyone needs: an ice scoop. Using a dedicated ice scoop is essential to maintain ice hygiene standards as it prevents cross-contamination and keeps your ice free from bacteria and germs.
There are several types of ice scoops to choose from, including plastic, stainless steel, and aluminum. An ice scoop holder is a smart investment for easy access and storage. The right scoop and holder can save time and improve the safety and quality of your ice.
The next most popular ice maker accessory is a water filter. Water quality is crucial to making good ice. Poor water quality can affect the taste and clarity of your ice, as well as lead to mineral buildup and corrosion in your machine. Installing a water filter can improve the overall quality of your ice and extend the lifespan of your machine by reducing mineral buildup and corrosion (remember, a clean machine is a long-lived machine).
There are different types of water filters available, such as:
- Ice-O-Matic Single Inline Filter
- A standard 3 phase, single cartridge filter ice machine filter that reduces maintenance frequency and extends equipment life
- The Ice-O-Matic IFG Filter Systems series
- A single or dual cartridge system with shut off valves that improves equipment operational efficiency, reduces maintenance frequency and extends equipment life
- Everpure Insurice Water Filters
- Regular or high capacity cartridges that reduce chlorine taste and odor with simple, sanitary cartridge replacement and proprietary Micro-Pure filtration that inhibits bacterial growth.
By investing in water filters, you can enjoy better-tasting ice, reduce maintenance costs, and extend the life of your machine.
Ice Machine Cleaners
At some point in your ice machine’s life, you’ll need to clean and sanitize the interior. Whether you need to buy ice machine cleaning products depends on if you clean your equipment yourself or hire a professional ice machine cleaner. Regardless, regular maintenance is essential for keeping your ice machine in top condition.
One of the most critical steps in routine ice machine maintenance is cleaning your machine regularly. Different types of ice machine cleaners are available, including de-scalers, sanitizers, and antimicrobial sprays. These cleaners are specifically designed to remove mineral buildup, mold, and bacteria, ensuring that your ice machine produces high-quality ice. At Memphis Ice, we stand by these quality cleaning products:
- Nickel-Safe Ice Machine Cleaner
- Great for all ice machines, this non foaming or fuming cleaner removes scale from stainless and nickel-plated steel evaporator plates.
- Full Strength Ice Machine Cleaner
- This non-foaming or fuming cleaner removes limescale from ice-making equipment. Not recommended for use on nickel plated evaporators.
- Ice Machine Sanitizer
- An all-purpose ice machine sanitizer that eliminates odors and slime build-up in all ice machines.
- Ice Guard AP
- This easy-to-use cleaner uses nano-titanium technology to prevent and control slime and other microbial growth in ice machines.
A regular cleaning schedule can reduce the risk of equipment failure, improve the cleanliness of your ice, and promote machine longevity.
Ice Bags & Storage Bins
If you store or save your ice, you’ll need ice bags and storage bins. Proper ice storage is vital to maintain the quality and freshness of your ice. By investing in high-quality ice bags and storage bins, you can avoid contamination, reduce waste, and still keep your ice easily accessible.
Different types of ice bags and bins are available, depending on your needs. Whether you're running a small business or managing a large restaurant, proper ice storage is essential to provide consistent and high-quality ice to your customers.
Shop Ice Machine Accessories & Parts At Memphis Ice Machine Company
Commercial ice machine accessories are essential for optimizing your equipment's performance and promoting the longevity of your machine. Whether you're looking to improve ice hygiene standards, ensure water quality, prolong your machine's life, or reduce your operating costs, we have the right ice machine parts and accessories to set you up for success.
we're here for all your questions.