How To Troubleshoot Blinking Lights On An Ice-O-Matic Ice Machine
Running a successful business means having a reliable ice supply, and when those lights start flashing, it can be both frustrating and worrisome. But don’t worry—just because your Ice-O-Matic has flashing lights doesn’t necessarily mean you need to call in a service tech. You may be able to resolve the issue yourself!
With our expert tips and step-by-step guidance, you'll be able to understand what the alert lights mean and the best way to resolve them. We're here to help you navigate the world of ice machine diagnostics so your ice machine can get back to producing ice.
What Do Flashing Lights Mean on an Ice-O-Matic Machine?
When it comes to troubleshooting the LED lights on your Ice-O-Matic machine, it's essential to understand what each signal means. Here's a helpful guide to decode the different signals:
- Solid blue lights for both the Power and Clean LEDs indicate that your unit is operating normally. Great news!
- If you notice a solid red Power LED light accompanied by a slow flashing yellow Clean LED light, it's time to give your machine a thorough cleaning. This is a clear indicator that the unit requires maintenance.
- A quick flashing red Power LED light suggests that your machine is undergoing a maximum freeze cycle of one hour or a maximum harvest cycle of 5 1/2 minutes. It's simply doing its job efficiently.
- When the Power LED light is slowly flashing red, even when the unit is turned off, it points to a thermistor failure. This means you’ll need to call in a commercial ice machine service technician—but don't worry, our on-site appliance repair team can assist you in resolving this issue promptly.
- If both the Power LED light and the Clean LED light are quickly flashing red and yellow, it indicates a fill or drain failure. This means that the unit has experienced a maximum fill of 5 minutes or a maximum purge of 2 minutes. Get a service tech on-site to check the issue out. Our repair team is here to help you address this matter and get your machine back on track.
It’s always a good idea to keep an eye on those LED lights. Ignoring alert signals over a long period of time can exacerbate the issue and turn a simple repair into a big problem. So don't hesitate to reach out if you need repairs, maintenance, or an expert opinion.
Addressing Blinking Lights on an Ice-O-Matic Machine
How To Reset And Restart An Ice-O-Matic Ice Machine
If you need to reset or restart your Ice-O-Matic Elevation Series Ice Machine, don't worry, the process is pretty straightforward (yet another reason to love Ice-O-Matic). Just follow these simple steps to reset and restart your Ice-O-Matic Ice Machine and you’ll be on your way:
- Grab a phillips head screwdriver and locate the two screws at the base of the front panel
- Loosen the screws—you don’t have to remove them completely
- Gently lift the front panel upwards and remove it from the unit
- Next, hold down both the Power Button and the Clean Button simultaneously for 3 seconds. You'll know you're doing it right when the lights flash a friendly blue and yellow.
- Finally, press the power button to switch the machine back on, and you're good to go!
There you have it! Your Ice-O-Matic Elevation Series ice machine will be up and running smoothly in no time.
When To Get Service & Maintenance For Commercial Ice Machines
Before you open up your commercial ice machine to take a peek under the hood, wait a minute. Sometimes loosening screws, removing parts, or disturbing the interior can make it harder for a service tech to see what’s really going on inside.
If you aren’t sure what’s wrong with your machine (or you are sure but don’t have the tools, time, or technical knowledge to finish the task), it’s best to call in the experts. A local commercial ice machine service technician can diagnose and repair your machine quickly and efficiently.
If you’re in the MidSouth or Memphis area, it’s easy to find quality ice machine repair! At Memphis Ice Machine Company, our fleet of service technicians provide on-site repairs or you can bring your equipment to our Memphis maintenance warehouse. Either way, our experts will work quickly to make sure your equipment is up and running in no time.
How To Clean A Commercial Ice Machine
Sometimes your equipment just needs a break—and a good cleaning. To ensure a long life for your machine, you should stick to a consistent routine cleaning and maintenance schedule. Most commercial ice machines need to be cleaned once every six months.
You can clean your ice machine yourself with the guidance of our helpful blog, or you can leave it to our Preventative Maintenance team.
When you enroll in our Preventative Maintenance program, you can choose a cleaning schedule that works for you, and then you can check “clean the ice machine” off your list indefinitely. We’ll be on site to clean your machine and you’ll never have to worry about ice machine cleaning again.
Stay Equipped For Success: Keep Your Ice Machine Running Smoothly With Memphis Ice Machine Company
When you find yourself in need of professional ice machine repair or maintenance, look no further than Memphis Ice Machine Company. With our extensive expertise and commitment to customer satisfaction, we have the knowledge and resources to keep your business's commercial ice machine running smoothly, ensuring a constant supply of ice for your customers.
Don't let those blinking lights dim your confidence—trust in our team to provide top-notch service and support. Schedule a call today to get a quote, get repair service, or learn more about our preventative maintenance program!
we're here for all your questions.