The Right Way To Reset A Commercial Ice Machine
Is your ice maker on the blink? When your ice maker stops functioning or produces an insufficient amount of ice, it may not be time to call a repair tech—at least not yet. Sometimes the best solution to get ice production back on track is to reset your commercial ice machine. It’s a quick and easy way to configure your equipment and get your business back on track with an ice machine that’s working properly.
Ready to find out when to reset your ice machine and get step-by-step guidance on resetting specific models? Let’s get right to it!
When To Reset Your Ice Maker
Before we delve into the resetting process, let’s go over the situations that might warrant the need to reset your ice machine. One of the most common reasons to reset your machine is when there’s been a power or water supply interruption.
In such instances, the ice machine safety precautions will shut down the machine to prevent damage, which means you’ll need to reset and reboot your ice maker to restore ice production and get your equipment in good working order again.
How To Reset Your Commercial Ice Machine
Hoshizaki KM Series
The Hoshizaki KM series is a popular cube/crescent ice machine. Before resetting your KM series machine, take note of any beeps, flashing lights, or symptoms your machine displays. If resetting your ice machine doesn’t work, this information will be helpful to a professional technician who repairs your ice machine.
- Note any beeps or symptoms displayed
- Unplug the machine to stop any beeping
- Remove front cover and control panel screws
- Locate and press the small white reset button on the control board
- Plug the machine back in and press the reset button; water will start flowing
- Reattach control and front covers, replacing screws
Manitowoc Cuber Ice Machine
Manitowoc ice machines are known for easy access to vital parts for repairs and maintenance. This brand is known for crystal-clear cubes of high-quality ice—so if you’re not getting the quality or clarity you want from your ice, it may be time to reset your ice machine.
- Note error messages, beep codes, and symptoms for diagnosis
- Press and hold the OFF button for 3 seconds
- Open the front panel and lift the ice guide to access the evaporator. If ice is present, allow it to melt
- Unplug the machine and wait for 10 seconds
- Plug the machine back in and press ON; Look for a blue light, indicating a successful reset
Note: These instructions are for cuber machines. Manitowoc Indigo NXT machines have a touchscreen that will guide you through the reset process; if that doesn’t work, call a commercial ice maker repair tech immediately.
Ice-O-Matic Commercial Ice Machine
Ice-O-Matic is a reliable ice machine brand, known for consistent ice production. To reset an Ice-O-Matic ice maker, you’ll just need a phillips head screwdriver and about 10 minutes.
- Note any beeps or symptoms displayed
- Loosen front panel screws, but do not remove
- Lift off the front panel
- Hold Power and Clean Buttons for 3 seconds to turn off (when lights flash blue and yellow)
- Press Power Button to turn back on
How To Prevent Ice Machine Downtime
Resetting your ice machine can get it back to working correctly, but regular system maintenance can prevent these issues from occurring in the first place. Make sure to schedule routine cleaning and preventative maintenance, including cleaning the condenser coils, descaling, and sanitization of the ice machine.
With routine maintenance, your ice machine will work more efficiently, reduce downtime, and have a longer lifespan.
Get Reliable Commercial Ice Machine Repair & Maintenance With Memphis Ice Machine Company
When resetting your ice machine doesn’t work, you’ll need to call in the professionals. At Memphis Ice Machine Company, we have a fleet of professional ice machine service technicians ready to get your equipment up and running as quickly as possible.
Whether you need expert advice, commercial ice machine parts, or to schedule routine maintenance with our Preventative Maintenance Program, our team has your back. Contact us today to get a quote, ask a question, or inquire about one of our commercial ice machines!
we're here for all your questions.