4 Summer Drinks Perfect By The Pool
Do you have watermelon in the fridge right now? No? That needs to change as soon as possible. Watermelon is the perfect summer fruit. It’s also the perfect pairing with Rosé and champagne! This is the drink that’s a hit no matter what. Enjoy it by the pool!
- 1 bottle of your preferred Rosé
- 1 bottle of preferred Rosé champagne
- ½ cup of St. Germain liqueur
- 1 cup of fresh watermelon juice
- Two limes
- Several springs of mint
- 1 seedless watermelon of your preferred size
- Cut about half of your watermelon into cubes
- Place your melon cubes into a blender and blend until smooth
- Strain juice through a sieve (or keep the pulp, whichever you prefer)
- Zest the two limes
- Add Rosé, St. Germain, watermelon juice, and lime zest into a large pitcher and mix
- Chill overnight
- Before serving, add champagne and stir
- Garnish with thin lime wheels, mint leaves, and thin watermelon slices.
- Serve in your preferred glass and enjoy
Don’t forget to serve this with slices of watermelon. It makes for a great contrast.
2. Blackberry Solstice
Blackberries are wonderful little fruits. They have a complex flavor, keep for a while in the right conditions, and have a fantastic color. We love blackberries here at Memphis Ice, both fresh and prepared, which is why we can’t recommend this drink enough. Low effort and delicious.
- 1 ½ oz of white whiskey
- ¾ oz of your preferred orange-flavored liqueur
- ½ oz of fresh lime juice
- 1 ¼ oz of blackberry preserves
- Fresh blackberries
- One lime
- Fill a cocktail shaker with crystal clear ice
- Combine white whiskey, orange-flavored liqueur, lime juice, blackberry preserves, and 3 fresh blackberries in your shaker
- Cover and shake until mixed and thoroughly chilled
- Fill a preferred cocktail glass roughly halfway with pearl ice
- Strain the cocktail into the glass
- Garnish with blackberries and lime peel twists and enjoy
You might be asking, “why whiskey?” Well, this is a light and fresh beverage in comparison to winter whiskey cocktails. Plus, this beverage has a little bit of everything: bite, acidity, and depth. If you haven’t enjoyed this before, you’ll ask yourself why the heck not after that first sip.
3. Poolside Sipper
This French-inspired cocktail is Southern poolside Summer in a glass. Can’t go wrong with gin, a bit of tart, and just enough sweetness. Remember to mix this cocktail thoroughly. You want this thing bone chillingly cold.
- 1 ½ oz of gin
- ¾ oz of lemon juice
- ¾ oz of simple syrup
- 1 cup of crystal clear ice
- 2 ounces of champagne
- Lemon peel
- Rosemary sprigs
- Fill a cocktail shaker with 1 cup of crystal clear ice
- Combine gin, lemon juice, and simple syrup in your shaker
- Shake until mixed and thoroughly chilled
- Fill your preferred cocktail class about halfway with pearl ice
- Strain cocktail into glass
- Top with champagne
- Rub lemon peel on the glass rim
- Garnish with lemon peel and rosemary sprigs
You’re going to have the best Summer. You deserve it after the last few years. Maybe one of these beverages helps make that happen. We have one more beverage to cover, and it’s nonalcoholic!
4. Bright N’ Peachy Punch
This is the Summer punch made for family gatherings, special moments, and birthday parties. Make sure you get the best sweet peaches money can buy. A tough peach is good sometimes, just not as a garnish.
- 3 large tea bags
- 4 cups of filtered water
- 2 cups of fresh mint leaves
- 1 bottle of peach nectar
- 1 can of frozen lemonade concentrate
- 1 bottle of ginger ale
- 1 bottle of club soda
- ½ oz of simple syrup
- Fresh peaches
- Pearl Ice
- Boil 4 cups of water in a medium saucepan until simmering
- Add tea bags and mint leaves
- Boil for 1 minute, then remove from heat
- Cover and steep until the tea reaches your desired strength
- Remove tea bags and mint
- Add peach nectar, lemonade concentrate, and simple syrup into a gallon container.
- Pour tea into your gallon container and mix
- Chill for at least 8 hours prior to serving
- Pour tea into a serving pitcher
- Add ginger ale and club soda just before serving.
- Garnish with pearl ice and fresh peach slices. Yum!
We can taste this punch as we type this recipe out. The picnic table in the yard, paper plates pressed down by that rock in the driveway you keep tripping over so they don’t blow away. Grandma walks out with a pitcher of his peach brew and calls us over. It’s probably too sweet and probably makes us thirstier but we don’t care—this is Summer. Living a little with the family makes life feel bigger.
Cool Down All Summer Long with Memphis Ice
Thank you so much for reading this Summer drink recipe blog. We hope some of these drinks cool you down and create lifelong memories with friends and loved ones. Enjoy responsibly!
Part of a great Summer is the ability to cool off. What better way to cool off than with your very own ice machine? We’re a full-service ice machine distributor—that means we supply our region with the best ice machines around. Whether you're buying or renting, we’ll take care of you. No matter what, you have all of the ice you need when you need it.
Click here to learn more about our ice machine rental program. We also have a dedicated FAQ to answer some of our most common questions! Click here to read it.
One more thing before you go. Every Summer, Memphis hosts the Summer Cocktail Festival. If you loved these recipes, you’ll love this festival. Click here for more information!
just a weekly email from your favorite ice machine company.