Bonfire Beverages: Four Fall Drink Recipes for a Family Backyard Bash
The end of a MidSouth Summer can be bittersweet. On one hand, pools are closing and the Summer sun sets earlier. On the other hand, you can open those windows and enjoy the crisp reminder that Fall’s right around the corner. That’s right, folks, it’s that time of year.
What better way to celebrate the changing of the seasons than whipping up some wonderful Fall beverages sure to please at any family gathering. Or, if you’d prefer, just something to sip at the end of a long, hard day.
1. Maple Fall Fashioned
The old fashioned is a tried and true classic for pops, moms, and Don Drapers everywhere. But hey, that doesn’t mean you can’t add something sweet to welcome the falling leaves and colorful trees.
This old fashioned is infused with high-quality maple syrup. The nectar of the gods! The addition of maple syrup transforms this drink from old to seasonal. Say hello to the Maple Fall Fashioned!
Here’s how you make your very own Maple Fall Fashioned:
- Two ounces of whiskey or bourbon
- One teaspoon pure maple syrup
- 1/8th teaspoon of Angostura bitters
- One Orange
- Grab a peeler and use it to peel a two to three-inch piece of orange peel
- Add your whiskey or bourbon of choice, bitters, and maple syrup
- Mix the drink with a spoon
- Add crystal clear ice from your Home Ice Machine
- Garnish with orange peel and serve!
2. Fall Friday Margarita
This sweet red drink is a Fall Friday in a glass, and ready to sip around the campfire. Simple, quick, and festively flavorful. So grab a big sweatshirt and gather your ingredients. It’s time to mix!
Here’s what you need and how to make your very own Fall Friday Margarita:
- A handful of fresh cranberries
- Fresh sprigs of rosemary
- ½ of a lime
- 4-6 oz of cranberry juice
- 1 cup of pearl ice from your pearl ice machine!
- 1 ½ oz of your preferred tequila
- 1 oz of triple sec, optional
- Margarita salt, optional
- Run your lime wedge around the rim of the glass
- Dip your glass rim in your margarita salt
- Fill your glass with pearl ice!
- Add pearl ice, cranberry juice, tequila, and the juice of half a lime to a cocktail shaker
- Shake to mix
- Pour your margarita over your pearl ice
- Add your fresh cranberries and rosemary for garnish
3. Amaretto on ice
An Irish classic with an Italian twist. For those curious, amaretto is a bitterly sweet almond liquor from Italy. The flavor? Distinct. The color? Evocative. It’s a wonderful Fall pick-me-up after a long, hard day. The best part? Amaretto is available as its own non-alcoholic flavored syrup. So while you enjoy a buzzy beverage, others who prefer their coffee off the rocks can sip without worry, all while still enjoying the unique amaretto flavor.
- 8-12 ounces of iced coffee or cold brew
- Two tablespoons of amaretto or amaretto-flavored syrup
- One cup of crystal clear cube ice
- Whipped cream of your choice
- Half-and-half (optional)
- Cinnamon for garnish
- Brew your coffee of choice via traditional or cold brew methods
- Chill the coffee until it reaches the desired temperature
- Pour the ice into your glass or cup
- Pour the amaretto or amaretto syrup over the ice
- Pour your coffee over the ice, mixing the amaretto and coffee together
- Top with whipped cream
- Garnish with some cinnamon
4. The Iced Pumpkin
The PSL is an icon for a reason. Silky sweet Fall juice with a pick me up. Cooler temperatures are nothing to us. Sun or clouds, winter or spring, iced lattes are our go-to. That’s why, for the Fall season, it’s so easy to grab some classic fall spices and whip up your very own iced PSL. Bring the coffee shop home. You’re the barista now.
Here are the PSL basics you need in your life:
- Two tablespoons pumpkin spice creamer
- Two ounces of cold espresso
- Six ounces of whole milk
- Crystal clear cube ice
- Pumpkin pie spice, for garnish
- Pour your espresso over crystal clear ice
- Add your pumpkin spice creamer
- Pour the desired amount of milk and stir until combined
- Sprinkle a little bit of spice over the top
Serve your favorite Fall flavors with Memphis Ice!
We understand how much you love the changing seasons, and how essential crisp refreshments, warm flavors, and crystal clear ice are to your perfect Fall evening. That’s why, for over 40 years, we’ve helped our community find the right ice machine and services that fit their needs all year round.
Discover the ice machine you’ve been missing—and the barista within— by contacting our team of service experts today. And in the meantime, browse our catalog of ice machines, available for rent or purchase!
just a weekly email from your favorite ice machine company.