Cheers! 5 Drinks To Share This Thanksgiving
During Thanksgiving, nothing says coming together like sharing a fresh cocktail or mocktail. Whether you’re shaking up your signature drink or venturing into new cocktail territory, you can bring everyone together with a few simple ingredients (and a few handfuls of ice).
Here are the cocktails we’ll be shaking up this Thanksgiving. Join us in enjoying the warm flavors of cinnamon, apple, plus a few fizzy cranberry surprises. Some drinks are hot, some are cold (because you never know what the temperature will be in the Mid-South, even in November). Cheers!
Thanksgiving Cocktail Recipes
Twisted Cider Hot Toddy
- 4 cups apple cider
- 1 large orange, sliced
- ½ cup fresh cranberries (more for garnish if you’re feeling festive!)
- 3 sprigs of rosemary
- 2 cinnamon sticks (or 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon)
- 6-oz. Fireball whiskey
- In a large pot, add apple cider, orange slices, fresh cranberries, rosemary, and cinnamon stocks.
- Bring to boil over medium/high heat, then reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add 1.5 oz. Fireball whiskey to the bottom of 4 glasses. Add an orange slice and a few cranberries for garnish (optional).
- Pour the hot apple cider mixture on top of Fireball and stir.
- Serve hot!
Cran You Feel The Love Tonight
- ½ cup fresh cranberries
- 1 bottle ginger beer
- 1.5 oz Gin
- ½ pear
- ½ lime
- Simple syrup
- Rosemary for garnish
- A few handfuls of ice
- Get your muddle on! Each drink takes 4-5 cranberries and a few slices of pear. Muddle those fruits up in the bottom of a glass.
- Add a dash of lime juice and simple syrup. Aim for about a teaspoon of each
- Add a jigger of gin, fill with ice, and shake, shake, shake!
- Use a strainer to pour into a champagne flute. Top with ginger beer and garnish with rosemary stems and a few fresh cranberries
Spiked Pumpkin Spice Hot Chocolate (+Mocktail)
Sure, hot chocolate is hard to improve on. But try adding a dash of pumpkin spice and rum and— well, this might be our new favorite drink.
Pro tip: If you’re looking for a mocktail alternative, leave out the rum and you’ve got a creamy pumpkin spice hot chocolate concoction that’s perfect for everyone.
- 2 ½ cups milk
- 5 tablespoons pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 4 ounces dark chocolate bar, chopped
- 4 ounces dark rum
- Whipped cream, to top
- Place all of the ingredients, except the rum and whipped cream, in a slow cooker. Lightly whisk the ingredients so that they are mixed together.
- Set the slow cooker on low for 2 hours and cover with a lid. Check the mixture occasionally to make sure the hot chocolate is not boiling. Stir the ingredients together with a whisk to get a creamy consistency.
- Once the hot chocolate is melted together, turn the slow cooker to the warm setting. Add in the rum prior to serving, then top each with whipped cream, if desired.
Citrus Whiskey Smash
- 3 clementines (plus more for garnish)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 shots whiskey
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- A few scoops of ice
- Peel and separate the clementines, then place in a jar or bowl and add sugar.
- Mash the clementines and sugar together—you want to release as much juice from them as possible. Take your time and get the most juice out of the fruit as you can.
- Fill two small glasses with ice, and pour a shot of whiskey into each glass.
- Strain the clementine mixture into the glasses, and serve with a cinnamon stick and more fresh clementine segments, if desired.
Apple Cider Margarita For A Crowd
- 1 ½ cups tequila
- 2 cups apple cider
- ¾ cup Triple Sec or Cointreau
- ¾ cup lime juice
- 3 handfuls ice
- It doesn’t get easier than this. Add all ingredients to a pitcher, mix, and enjoy! The ice quantity is important for the dilution that would occur in a cocktail shaker.
- For something special, you can prepare all the glasses with cinnamon sugar rims and toss in a cinnamon stick.
Happy Thanksgiving From Memphis Ice: Your Local Full Service Ice Machine Distributor
just a weekly email from your favorite ice machine company.