Pearl Ice Perfections: 4 Sweet Treats for Winter
As we creep into December and cold weather slowly makes its ways into the South, it's time to start thinking about the amazing drinks we can sip while we're getting warm next to the fire!
Many of these beverages pair perfectly with the Ice-O-Matic pearl ice machine. Ice-O-Matic's Pearl ice is a game-changer for your beverages and an instant way to wow any part guests at home. The soft, chewable texture leaves your drinks cold for longer than your standard ice. In addition, it absorbs the flavors of your drink, making it extra delicious.
Ready to take your holiday drinks to the next level? Let's get started!
1. Santa's Favorite Sweet Treat
This no fuss recipe is perfect for kids and anyone with a sweet tooth for candy canes! With only two ingredients, this delicious beverage is fast, easy, and hard to stay away from.
- 15 oz. peppermint ice cream
- 1.5 liter 7-up
- whipped cream for garnish
- crushed peppermint for garnish
- This one's simple. Heads up, it makes five servings! Mix all the ingredients into a large punch bowl.
- Portion into five tall glasses.
- Sprinkle with crushed candy, a dollop of whipped cream, and whatever other sweet treats you like!
2. Jack Frost Cocktail
This Jack Frost cocktail is a true game changer for adult drinks at Christmas parties. If you have an Ice-O-Matic Pearl ice machine, this is the perfect drink to put it use. The ice's pebble-like texture soaks in all of the flavors and is sure to Wow! anyone who takes a sip.
- 1/2 c. cream of coconut
- 1/2 c. vodka
- 1/2 c. blue curaco
- 1 c. pineapple
- light corn syrup
- coconut flakes
- 8 c. Pearl ice
- Rim the glasses by pouring a thing layer of corn syrup onto a plate. Then, dip the rims of the glasses into the corn syrup, followed by the coconut flakes.
- Next, in a blender, blend ice, pineapple juice, blue curaco, vodka, and cream of coconut until desired consistency is reached. Pour into glasses and serve immediately.
3. The Mele Kalikimaka
Throwing a small dinner party? This is the perfect fall cocktail to impress your close friends and family. The unique mix of rich flavors provides a powerful punch that's impossible not to like.
- 4 c. water
- 3/4 c. granulated sugar
- 1 ripe banana
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 1 can frozen orange juice, slightly thawed
- 3 c. pineapple juice
- 1 mickey of vodka
- Gingerale for serving
- Maraschino cherries for serving
- In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, stir together the water and sugar. Bring the mixture to a boil, and allow it to cook for about 5 minutes. Remove the saucepan from the heat.
- Blend the banana in a blender until liquified. In a 4 litre sized freezer-safe container, mix together the water/sugar, banana, juice of both lemons, frozen orange juice, pineapple juice and the vodka. Use a large wooden spoon and stir until the frozen orange juice is fully incorporated. Place the lid on the container and put the slush in the freezer. Freeze the slush for at least 8 hours, or overnight. I like to give the slush a bit of a stir every few hours.
- To serve, use an ice cream scoop to fill a tall glass 3/4 full of frozen slush. Top off the glass with club soda, 7-up or gingerale. Add a maraschino cherry, and a little splash of the juice.
4. Sparkling Christmas Slushie
This pink slushie is another great alternative if you're looking for something different to drink for the holidays. In addition, this drink is another great option that would pair perfectly
with the Ice-O-Matic pearl ice machine!
- 4 c. water
- 1 and 1/2 c. sugar
- 5 c. cranberry juice
- 12 oz. frozen lemonade
- 3 c. orange juice
- 1 quarter of a lemon or orange
- Colored sugar (optional)
- 3 bottles Cherry 7-Up
- Fresh cranberries for garnish
- Orange slices for garnish
- In a large pot, combine 4 cups water with the sugar. Heat over high heat for 3-5 minutes, stirring until the sugar has dissolved completely.
- Remove from heat and add the cranberry juice, frozen lemonade (don't make it into juice, just add it frozen), and the orange juice.
- Stir until lemonade is dissolved.
- Pour juice into two 9x13 casserole dishes.
- Cover and freeze for at least 3 hours and no more than a week.
- When ready to serve, use a fork to break up chunks of the slush and add to each glass.
- Pour Cherry 7-Up in each glass.
- Garnish with fresh cranberries and an orange slice, if desired.