4 Springtime Drink Recipes Perfect For Patios and Outdoor Dining
Spring is here! We love this time of year at Memphis Ice. It’s a perfect mix of refreshing morning air and bright, warm sun. Plus, now that daylight savings is in effect, you can enjoy the outdoors just a bit longer after a long day at work.
What better way to enjoy the changing of the seasons than with a few of your favorite springtime drinks?
We have the recipes, all you need to bring is the thirst. And maybe a few scoops of ice.
1. The Overton Buzz
The satisfying combination of bourbon, absinthe, and mint is sure to put a zip in your step!
- Two ounces of bourbon
- One ounce of fresh lime juice
- ¾ ounces of simple syrup
- Two dashes of Absinthe
- Three dashes each Angostura and Peychaud's bitters
- One sugar cube
- Several mint leaves
- One mint sprig for garnish
- Combine sugar cube, mint leaves, lime juice, simple syrup, bourbon, and absinthe in a bowl or mixing container of your choice
- Mix ingredients—careful not to grind the mint!
- Add pearl or crushed ice until your drinking glass is about ¾ full
- Add three dashes each of Peychaud and Angostura bitters
- Lightly blend bitters into drink
- Top with more ice and garnish with mint
2. Springtime Sunrise
There’s nothing like a fresh spring sunrise. Maybe the early AM is a little too early to enjoy this beverage, but that doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy it right around sunset.
- ⅓ of a blood orange
- A separate slice of blood orange
- Two ounces of gin
- One ounce of lemon juice
- One ounce of lime juice
- Dash of agave
- Finishing salt
- Thyme spring
- Mash ⅓ blood orange in a shaker
- Add gin, lemon and lime juice, and agave
- Add your crystal clear ice and shake
- Mix your preferred amount of cayenne and finishing salt
- Salt rim of glass with your spicy salt
- Pour beverage over fresh crystal clear ice
- Garnish with orange slice and thyme spring
3. Spring Fresca
Is this just agua fresca? You bet. This drink rules. It’s refreshing, fun, and can be made in big batches for a few days—the perfect Spring weekend treat. Plus, it’s not extremely sweet, unlike other mocktails out there.
- Several English cucumbers (more cucumbers= more cucumber flavor!)
- Freshly squeezed lime juice from 1 lime
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- Fresh mint leaves
- Several pieces of fresh ginger (add more or less depending on your taste for ginger)
- About a gallon of filtered water
- Cut your cucumbers into slices of medium thickness
- Add cucumber, lime juice, sugar, mint leaves, ginger, some filtered water to a blender
- Blend until pureed
- Pour mixture through a sieve to remove pulp
- Place mixture into a pitcher or jar
- Add water and stir!
4. Blooming Mocktail
As the flowers bloom, so does this drink. If you want to give this mocktail a kick, just add six ounces of rum!
- One tablespoon of loose hibiscus tea
- One lemon
- Pineapple chunks, fresh or canned
- Several cherries
- Five large thyme sprigs
- ½ cup of hot water
- One tablespoon of honey
- 1 ½ cups of unsweetened pineapple juice
- Pearl ice
- Bring hot water to a boil
- Steep hibiscus tea and thyme in hot water for about five minutes
- Remove hibiscus tea and thyme
- Cool tea to room temperature
- Add honey
- Stir to dissolve
- Refrigerate until cold
- Squeeze juice from your lemon
- Add tea and lemon juice to your shaker with crystal clear ice
- Strain, add to glasses
- Top off with pineapple juice
- Garnish with thyme, pineapple wedge, and halved cherry
Spring forward with Memphis Ice!
Spring is the perfect time to prepare for the hot Memphis summer. What better way to cool off than your very own ice machine? We’re a full-service ice machine distributor—that means we supply our region with the best ice machines around. Whether you're buying or renting, we’ll take care of you. No matter what, you have all of the ice you need when you need it.
Click here to learn more about our ice machine rental program. We also have a dedicated FAQ to answer some of our most common questions! Click here to read it.
just a weekly email from your favorite ice machine company.