Commercial Ice Machine Guidelines: The Who, What, When, Where & Why
Who Makes The Best Brand of Ice Machine?
There are plenty of high-quality commercial ice machine brands on the market today. Picking the right one is less about opting for the flashiest technology, but about what your business’s priorities are when it comes to your commercial kitchen appliances.
Here’s a roundup of the commercial ice machine brands we stand behind, and why we (and our customers) choose them.
With the creation of the SafeIce Purification System, Ice-O-Matic solved the problem of slime and buildup in commercial ice machines. Their cutting-edge purification system keeps buildup at bay, saving businesses time and money on perpetual ice machine cleanings.
Ice-O-Matic knows commercial kitchens are fast-paced and timed down to the last second. There’s no time to waste training employees on complicated equipment, and your team doesn’t have a minute to spare operating an ice machine that isn’t engineered for peak efficiency. That’s why Ice-O-Matic commercial ice machines are designed for simplicity, reliability, and above all, efficiency.
Ice-O-Matic prioritizes sustainability up and down their manufacturing process and supply chains. They’re constantly identifying greener manufacturing processes, and their ice machines are designed with energy conservation in mind, which leaves a smaller environmental footprint and saves you money along the way.
Like Ice-O-Matic, Manitowoc pursues sustainability in their manufacturing, processes, and equipment. The company’s environmental consciousness is a leading reason many people choose a Manitowoc commercial ice machine.
Easy Access For Repairs
For us, a standout feature of Manitowoc ice machines is the ease with which they can be serviced. Manitowoc purposefully locates all repairable parts in the front of the machine for easy access.
Manitowoc continues to include more innovative technologies in their ice machine designs. Touch-screen technology is available for easy use and they’ve also developed their own deep sanitation systems to ensure the machine stays clean.
What Should I Look For In A Commercial Ice Machine?
When Is The Best Time To Buy A Commercial Ice Machine?
"Instead of letting an emergency breakdown force you into a purchase you aren’t ready for, be proactive with your commercial kitchen equipment."
Where Should I Install My Commercial Ice Machine?
Ice Machine Installation Checklist
Use the following checklist to ensure your ice machine is installed safely and correctly:
- Sufficient Electricity: For most commercial ice machines, you’ll need at least a 115 volt or 220 volt outlet. If you have a larger amperage size, you may also need a dedicated breaker.
- Floor Drain: Make sure you have a floor drain setup within 6 feet of your commercial ice machine. Your machine will release water as part of the ice-making process, and if that water doesn’t have anywhere to runoff, you’ll have big trouble on your hands.
- Water Source With Shutoff Valve: Make sure your water source has a shutoff valve within 6 feet so you have easy access to turn off the water supply in case of emergencies and repairs.
- Optimal Environment for Efficiency: Installing your ice machine in a hot, greasy kitchen isn’t a good idea. Your equipment will work overtime to create ice in a hot environment, and the grease will clog your machine’s filter in no time flat. Instead, look for a well-ventilated space away from extreme heat and cold.
Why is it best to purchase a commercial ice machine from a distributor near me?
You can buy commercial ice machines online, but that might not be the best long-term solution for your business. Buying a commercial ice machine from a local distributor near you, on the other hand, has benefits that will set your business up for success. Here are some features that set a local distributor apart, and why our customers value a partnership with a Memphis-based distributor:
- Expert Service & Repairs: when you partner with a local distributor, you establish a relationship with expert service and repair technicians that can come in handy in an ice machine repair emergency.
- Experienced Advice: if you need help determining the best ice machine for your business, our team of experienced commercial refrigeration experts will guide you toward the best fit. We won’t play any sales games or sell you equipment you don’t need. You’ll get honest advice based on our long history in the industry.
- A Trusted Maintenance Partner: At Memphis Ice, we don’t just offer commercial refrigeration repair and maintenance service for Memphis businesses. We offer preventative maintenance and routine cleaning services to keep your ice machine in top-notch condition. When you partner with us, we work tirelessly to make sure you never run out of ice, even when your equipment is on the blink.
Memphis Ice Machine Company: Your Local Full-Service Distributor in Memphis, TN
just a weekly email from your favorite ice machine company.